Syphilis testing in recognition of the 10th Anniversary of Circle Sapporo
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Circle Sapporo, the first forum on HIV/AIDS in Sapporo was held on December 16th, 2017 and featured Ms. Maomi Yuuki as guest speaker and Ms. Minami Sawada as MC. Also, free syphilis testing was provided on January 13th, 2018.
We greatly appreciate your participation in the forum and your response to the questionnaire on syphilis testing.
Circle Sapporo will continue its effort to promote accurate knowledge on HIV/AIDS to prevent infection.
Free Syphilis testing will be available at Circle Sapporo on Saturday, 13 January 2018. The test results will come back on Saturday, 20 January.
Please read the information below carefully for details related to syphilis testing.
- The syphilis test will include a separate HIV test.
- You can take the test only if you are able to come back on Saturday, 20 January, for the test results.
- Results will only be provided verbally. (*We will not provide test results over the phone and will not issue a medical certificate.)
- We will give you a referral for the medical institution if the result is positive or a re-test is needed.
Syphilis is an infection caused by the bacteria Treponema pallidum. Antibodies will be made in your blood serum after you become infected. This testing will detect antibodies by 2 types of tests, Rapid plasma reagin (RPR) and TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination assay).
The most accurate test results will be provided if you take the test more than 5 weeks after exposure risk.
Circle Sapporo is open for testing only on Saturday, 13 January 2018. Reservations will begin on Friday, 15 December 2017. Reservation by phone is also available.
Please be aware that we will not provide tests just for HIV at this time.
HIV test online reservation now!
Online booking is available via PC or mobile device.
- The test can be booked via i-mode and EZweb; please note that some models are not compatible.
If you have to cancel an appointment, please go to the online appointment page and cancel your appointment. Your action will allow other people who wish to take an HIV test to have an opportunity.